Dec 14, 2023
We are super excited to share news about the launch of our new site design for Travelsports.com. If you have not had a chance to check it out, please do. So, what’s changed you may ask … or we hope you ask :)?
Well, we have completely changed the way you view and see content on our site:
This list of changes is not exhaustive, but we wanted to highlight some of the changes. As we continue to grow, we will continue to invest in our site and hope to provide you with a great user experience.
We hope you like the new and improved Travelsports.com.
Nov 16, 2023
By Eli Straw
The field of sport psychology is often associated with high-level athletes. Many universities and professional organizations have mental skills coaches on staff who work with the players.
Those who don’t have access to a sport psychology professional within their team often seek help from private coaches who can help them with their mental game. But again, this tends to be centered around professional, college, and high school athletes.
But what about youth athletes?
Is there such a thing as sport psychology for kids? The answer is yes! In fact, in my work, I’ve found it incredibly helpful to begin working with athletes when they’re young.
Now, there are differences in the minds of older athletes and younger athletes that must be taken into account when the work is being delivered…both in ways that make working with younger athletes easier and in ways that make it more difficult.
But the bottom line is that sport psychology is crucial for kids, and the earlier young athletes can build mental toughness, the better. And so, in this article, you will learn why sport psychology is important for kids and some strategies you can use to begin teaching mental skills to young athletes.
Oct 30, 2023
Trending Tournaments by Sport
Every year we highlight the top tournaments, by sport, that are the most popular on Travelsports.
Hockey: Over 5,000 hockey tournaments listed on Travelsports
Baseball: Over 7,000 baseball tournaments listed on Travelsports
Lacrosse: Over 2,000 lacrosse tournaments listed on Travelsports
Softball: Over 3,000 softball tournaments listed on Travelsports
Soccer: Over 1,500 and growing soccer tournaments listed on Travelsports
Golf: Over 3,000 and growing golf tournaments listed on Travelsports
We expect this list to change for many of these sports as we continue to add more tournaments and expand into more sports. Stay tuned!
Oct 13, 2023
How to Save $ When Buying Sports Equipment
Saving money on sports equipment is important, especially if you're a casual athlete or just starting out in a new sport. Here are some tips to help you save money on sports gear:
1. Buy Used or Secondhand Equipment: Look for used sports equipment at thrift stores, online marketplaces (e.g., SidelineSwap, eBay), Facebook Groups or at garage sales. Many people sell their gently used gear at a fraction of the cost of new items.
2. Rent or Borrow: If you're trying out a new sport or just need equipment for occasional use, consider renting or borrowing from friends, family, or local sports clubs. This is a cost-effective way to access gear without making a big investment.
3. Shop Off-Season: Retailers often discount sports equipment at the end of the season to make room for new inventory. For example, winter sports gear is typically on sale in the spring and summer. Plan your purchases accordingly to take advantage of these sales.
4. Look for Sales and Discounts: Keep an eye on sales, clearance sections, and discount websites. Sign up for newsletters from sports retailers to be notified of upcoming promotions and discounts.
5. Buy Generic Brands: Generic or store-brand sports equipment is often more affordable than name-brand alternatives. While quality can vary, many generic options are suitable for casual athletes.
6. Trade or Swap with Others: Connect with fellow athletes and see if you can trade or swap equipment. You might have gear that you no longer use but is valuable to someone else. (
7. Wait for Special Sales Events: Major shopping holidays, like Black Friday and Cyber Monday, often feature significant discounts on sports equipment. Keep these dates in mind when planning your purchases.
8. Shop Local: Support local sports stores. Sometimes, they offer competitive prices and personalized service, and they may be willing to negotiate on prices, especially if you're a regular customer.
9. Maintain Your Equipment: Proper maintenance can extend the life of your sports gear. Regularly clean, inspect, and repair equipment to prevent the need for premature replacements.
Remember that while saving money is essential, safety and quality are also important when it comes to sports equipment. Ensure that the gear you purchase, whether new or used, meets safety standards and is appropriate for your level of skill and activity.
Oct 11, 2023
For those that have the choice on who to use for their payment processing needs, we hope you find this article useful! Selecting a payment processor is an important decision for small businesses. There are several factors to consider when making this choice: