Travelsports Business Newsletter – 2023 Marketing Trends & Evaluating Hotel Partners
Welcome to our second Travelsports Business Newsletter! If you just subscribed, welcome!
In this month’s newsletter, we’ve included some marketing trends in 2023 and tips on evaluating future hotel partners. You may have noticed that we launched Softball as our newest sport on Travelsports. We’ve added over 1,500 tournaments and will be adding thousands more over the next few weeks along with clubs, clinics and showcases. Is there a sport that you are interested in us adding? Send us a note. We are working on additional tools and features that we think will be useful to grow your business. Stay tuned!
If you’ve missed a newsletter, no worries! Each business newsletter will be posted on our WordPress blog.
It’s a new year and the question on every small business’ mind is, “What social media trends should I expect?” HubSpot Blog surveyed 1,283 marketers to discover trends B2B and B2C businesses will leverage in 2023 and which ones they’ve left in 2022.
- Brands with an engaged social media community will win in 2023.
- Social media is the future of e-commerce.
- Consumers slide into brands’ DMs (Direct Messaging) for customer service.
- Search engines lose steam as consumers turn to social search.
- Influencer marketers ditch celebrities for micro-influencers.
- Short-form video is the highest ROI format and will see the most growth of any trend in 2023.
- Funny, trendy, and relatable content will stand out all 2023.
- Instagram is the highest ROI platform and will see the most growth of any social app in 2023.
- Social budgets will be put under the microscope, but marketers are staying optimistic.
- Re-sharing the same content across platforms won’t fly in 2023.
Are you tired of spending countless hours manually building a schedule? Does it feel nearly impossible to juggle requests and make every team happy?
Throowave is your solution!
Our automated scheduling tool makes scheduling a breeze by taking into account a variety of factors, such as:
- Location availability & preferences
- Rest times between games
- Preferred match-ups
Say goodbye to the hassle and say hello to a stress-free tournament planning experience! Join the many satisfied tournament managers who have already chosen Throowave as their go-to scheduling solution.
Don’t wait! Visit throowave.com
today to sign up for a demo and discover the benefits of our scheduling tool for yourself. Sponsored Ad
Finding the Right Hotel Partner
Looking for a new hotel partner for your clinic, showcase or tournament? We have some useful tips on how to evaluate a potential hotel partner.
- Location: Choose a hotel that is conveniently located near the facilities that your event operates out of, and with good transportation links.
- Amenities: Make sure the hotel offers the amenities and services your customers need, such as fitness facilities, restaurant/bar, Wi-Fi, pool and meeting rooms.
- Reputation: Research the hotel’s reputation by reading reviews and feedback from previous guests, which is especially important for your customers participating in your event(s).
- Room quality: Consider the quality and comfort of the rooms, as well as the room sizes and layouts that work best for sports teams and parents.
- Cost: Compare prices and packages to ensure parents and managers are getting good value for their budget.
- Contract terms: Review the contract terms, including cancellation policies for your customers and rebates that come back to you.
- Brand alignment: Choose a hotel brand that aligns with your brand image and values.
- Relationship building: Consider building a strong, long-term relationship with the hotel to benefit from future opportunities and benefits.
- Personal experience: If possible, consider visiting the hotel to get a sense of the facilities and services first hand.
In our “Did You Know” section, we highlight different features, functionality, trends, etc. on Travelsports that we feel are important to our business users.
We know there are a number of ways that our business users try and reach existing and new customers: Email, Social, Search Advertising, Print, etc. We think there are benefits to advertising on Travelsports.
Travelsports received 1.8 Million
page views in 2021
, 3.5 Million
page views in 2022
and we expect to double our page views to 7 Million
. We have not only grown users in sports we previously added in 2021/2022 (hockey/lacrosse), but as we have added new sports (baseball/softball), we’ve seen increased traffic across all of our sports.
For our current advertisers, we have been able drive hundreds of thousands of banner impressions which has resulted in thousands of banner clicks and follow on website clicks, which has ultimately led to new customers. We are biased, but we think advertising on Travelsports is an effective and targeted way to acquire new customers. To learn more, send us a note
Enjoy a comfortable stay in a place that feels like home. Our top priority is ensuring the best possible guest experience at our Lake Forest hotel! Bring your sports teams here for a winning stay.